advertisement
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: call endo? or do it yourself?

Default call endo? or do it yourself?

How many of you keep in contact with endo with every problem? Or do you just try to correct the problem yourself?
    ]Proud parent of Shannon diagnosed 8/30/06 at age 7 -humolog & lantus and of Tanya (23) Megan (21) and Chris (19) and a proud Grandparent of Gabriella, seen here with my shannon.

take care of it, only see endos at check ups.

We've never called. Figure it out ourselves or come to the forums here.

Sandy dx'd 1/6/08 pumping with a pink Revel

Depends on what the problem is. If it's something with patterns, I try and pinpoint and start making changes from there.

If it's illness related or I just can't seem to figure it out on my own, I email. Our team is really good about getting back to us by the end of the day. If it's even more urgent than that, I call and usually speak w/one of them right then.
    Diagnosed June '05
    Pumping since Feb '06
    Animas Ping
    Dexcom Study

My current position:
    CIO...CHIEF INSULIN OFFICER

"Life is under no obligation to give us what we expect"...Margaret Mitchell

"Make it work"...Tim Gunn

Default When sick yes, otherwise no

Since we have been on the pump alot of things I do myself. With pumping you can immediatly change basals and I:C. So with growth spurt and little sicknesses I have done mostly everything and we have endo appointments every 3-4 months where we do the a1c and aslong as it is ok I am pretty confident in what I have been doing, highest since DX was 8.1 and that was at a time that her humalog was not working for her well. and immediatly lowered when we switched to Novolog.

With that said with the next endo appointment in a couple of weeks I am going to ask them to look over everything and review a few weeks of numbers and have them give my treatment plan the A'OK or tweek it.
    McKenna DX 1/3/06 @ 13 months^9 YRS
    Pumping @ 18 months & Dexcoming @ 4.5 yrs
    PINGing Tethered with Lantus
    Madison DX 3/17/14 @ 5yrs thru Trial Net
    + 4 auto-antibodies

impaired glucose at 2hr mark
    8/12 BG 166^4/13 BG 205^6/13 BG 143^3/14 BG 216
    faith trust and pixie dust

Come here or figure it out myself. Most often the latter since there aren't too many people here who can figure out what I'm even doing with all this insulin.

We see the endo twice a year, CDE twice a year. CDE actually handles the day-to-day stuff, endo goes over test results. I'll email the CDE if I'm absolutely stumped, but we've been doing really well (knock on wood) so I haven't contacted her in over a month.

Usually I try it out by myself, and if the results are not what I expected, then I put in a call to the endo. We see them very often anyway.
    During illness, if I get panic, then I just call. They don't mind.
    Mom to 2 boys (6 & 8), oldest dx in Oct. '06
    Pump MM522 w/ Sure-Ts infusion sets since July '10
    Previously pump Deltec Cozmo w/ Contact-Detach sets

"He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which." ~ Douglas Adams

I correct it myself, usually call the endo after the fact so he can know about what has happened.
    Carolyn, age 41, Mom to:
    Katerina 10 yrs old dx'ed T1 @ age 3,on 9/10/04, Lantus and Novolog MDI
    Austin age 12, non-D
    Kaitlyn age 15, non-D, dx'ed asthma age 2 yrs
    Amanda age 18, non-D, dx'ed VWD, Type 2A 6/09
    Daughter to Linda, age 61, dx'ed T1 @ age 10, 1959
    Katerina at "Camp A1c at Cha-La-Kee 2010"

We do all changes ourselves. At the last visit, the endo didn't have any suggestions as my son's A1c had improved.
    Amy
    Mom to a young adult Animas Ping pumper and DexCom G4 user. 2nd year college student, now living in a co-op house. Dx'd over 16 years ago at 3 years old.

We only call if we've tried and can't get a grip on the problem or it's something new and wacky that we don't feel prepared to handle. EG when my son wanted to do a 30-hour fundraising famine, you can bet I was asking about that!
    Holly

mom to Aaron, 18, dx'd Sept 05