advertisement

Thread: List of Laundry detergents, soaps, shampoos that are gluten free?

Question List of Laundry detergents, soaps, shampoos that are gluten free?

does such a list exist? I'd love to be able to just look on the list.. right now we are using tide w/ downy.. not sure if its OK or not (I don't have the bottle in front of me)..

do shampoos/soaps/laundry claim gluten/wheat ingredients the way food products do?
    K, 11yrs, dx 1/06 @35months
    Pumping Since 7/06 w/ MM
    PUMPING w/T:Slim 5/14
    Apidra
    Celiac dx 5/08
    Cgms-ing 11/07
    Dexcom G4 2/14
    Podding for 'tubing' breaks 4/11

I've been wondering the same thing. I'm sure hope Al or someone else will have some wisdom to share.
    God is good all the time, and all the time God is good!
    Carol

Homeschooling mom to
    A dx. Hashi's 9/08, Celiac 10/08 and
    N dx. T1D 10/05, Celiac 6/08, pumped with Animas from 1/06-7/13, currently MDI (unexpected side effect of Diabetes Camp )

Quote Originally Posted by jcanolson View Post
    I've been wondering the same thing. I'm sure hope Al or someone else will have some wisdom to share.
    Hehehee I'll round something up. We're on vacation this week [working around the house]. Stay tuned....

These products tend to be debated as to their need for being GF. Most experts will say as long as gluten does not come in contact with the gut, there will not be an autoimmune reaction. Most experts will say the gluten molecule is too large to be absorbed thru the skin. Some patients will say if they come in contact to gluten they will topically react to it [rash, itching, blisters,etc]. It also recommended that those with Dermatitis Herpetiformis [the skin manifestation of CD] avoid topical contact as well [along with the GF diet].

Certainly things like lipstick, lip gloss, lip balm,etc you'll want to check out just because you could ingest them.

Hand lotion and such could be an issue if you are preparing/eating food. Be sure to wash your hands well so that it doesn't get transfered to the food. Besides, I don't think there very good eats

You can check out -
    Delphi's Latest GF product list - Remember to verify the products on published lists. Better safe than sorry.
    The Gluten-Free Savonnerie has soaps, lotions, shampoos especially made for Celiacs.
    Last edited by aklap; 10-13-2008 at 09:00 PM.
    Al
    Gluten Intolerance Group of East Central WI Branch Manager
    GFNavigator.org

"We cannot all do great things, but we can do small things with great love." ~ Mother Teresa