advertisement

Thread: Had our first sleepy low

Default Had our first sleepy low

Knew we were potentially undercarbed and the eyes were closing, so handed her a grape and then tested her at 46. No problem getting her up, etc.. I know that this was dangerous because she could have gone lower or stayed there, etc. -- trust me, we shoot for not ever being here -- but does it do some damage if you get to a low enough low that it shows in behavior? Do they even know?

We've had a couple of 'brain hypos' as opposed to 'body hypos'. I don't think Rachel knows about them, or remembers them, though funnily enough I do
    Jane Mum of Rachel, 12, dx'd @11 months.

Keep Calm and Treat the Number

Our CDE nurse told us that lows are going to happen and her son has had diabetes for many years. He's an honor student! This should help cheer you up. Just keep an eye on him. Ava's a toddler as well, and has no idea when she's going low. It's scary, so I poke her about every 2 seconds or so, (seems like anyway).

Hang in there. The young guys are tough because they can't tell you what's going. I'm told it gets easier though.
    Joy

Mom to Ava
    Born 06
    dx 07
    Animas PING 2008
    Contact Detach
    Dexcom 7+ (the other love of my life)

At the height of laughter, the universe is flung into a kaleidoscope of new possibilities.
    -Jean Houston

Quote Originally Posted by joy orz View Post
    Our CDE nurse told us that lows are going to happen and her son has had diabetes for many years. He's an honor student! This should help cheer you up. Just keep an eye on him. Ava's a toddler as well, and has no idea when she's going low. It's scary, so I poke her about every 2 seconds or so, (seems like anyway).

Hang in there. The young guys are tough because they can't tell you what's going. I'm told it gets easier though.
    Ha! Thanks.

Try not to worry about "damage" Lisa and look at the big picture. Sounds like you are doing a great job.
    Chris
    Dad to Danielle, 15 years old, dx 8/17/2007, MDI (Humalog and Levemir)