advertisement

Thread: why does it ALWAYS happen right before an endo visit?!

Default why does it ALWAYS happen right before an endo visit?!

Kaylee's had awesome numbers up until two days ago.. these last few days have been horrible and I know why, because she has an endo appointment next week!

why why WHY?!?!
    K, 9.5yrs, dx 1/06 @35months
    Pumping MM 723 w/ Mio sets and Apidra
    Celiac dx 5/08
    Cgms-ing 11/07
    Podding for 'tubing' breaks 4/11

I so feel your pain for us though we will have a great 2 months and then the last month it will all go to crap I swear, her A1C's would be so much better if we saw the endo less often
    Nicole
    Hailey~14~type 1 diabetes diagnosed Friday October 13, 2006~Minilink started April 24, 2007~Pump start May 22nd, 2007
    Apidra start Friday May 30th, 2008
    Mackenzie~12~
    Izabella~5 years~Kawasaki disease dx Saturday June 13th 2009 I
    [/url]

"Uneducated people believe what they are told...Educated people question what they are told."-Helen Keller[/CENTER]

I'm scared of my bg results this morning, I've had great #'s too, until this morning, hoping my higher bg was a fluke, thought I took enough insulin to cover my black unsweetened coffee.....................must look at the email and see if I was having a random bg done as well.......
    My 1st meter from the 70's

I think I'm going to offset her appointments, see if its that, if it does it naturally cause issues every three months, (kind of like a cycle..) or is it TRUELY the endo appointment.. LOL.. if I offset it, and do her next appointment in say, 1.5 months, we'd be on a diff. schedule and maybe, just maybe we wouldn't have this problem.. LOL..
    Celiac dx 5/08
    Cgms-ing 11/07

I can confirm it's because of the endo appointment They have some kind of magical powers. Trust me!
    Mom to 2 boys (6 & 8), oldest dx in Oct. '06
    Pump MM522 w/ Sure-Ts infusion sets since July '10
    Previously pump Deltec Cozmo w/ Contact-Detach sets

"He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which." ~ Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by KeltonsMom View Post
    Murphy's Law..Whoever this Murphy person is should be flogged

Stress from knowing there is an Endo appointment in the near future?
    the idea of the stress before an appointment is a good one, I thought of that too, but she has no idea she has an appointment next week.. I bet thats a good theory for older kids who know an appointment is coming up!
    Celiac dx 5/08
    Cgms-ing 11/07

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylee's Mommy View Post
    Kaylee's had awesome numbers up until two days ago.. these last few days have been horrible and I know why, because she has an endo appointment next week!

why why WHY?!?!
    ROFL! Yep we are having those too. Deacon goes to Peoria on Wednesday. I was telling my parents that it is the Murphy's Law of endo appointments. Which probably explains the high fever the other night and him being fine the next morning.

Good luck with the erratic numbers. I know how annoying they can be.

--Sara

why why WHY?!?!
    I was just looking at DH's numbers before I logged on here and up until last week all his averages were well below 200 and now they are all above 200. I looked at him and said figures we get crappy numbers right before the endo appointment next week.

I swear it is like his body knows my calendar better than I do, LOL.
    Trudy
    "You never know how strong you can be until being strong is the only choice you have"

Wife to;
    Shayne type 1 - Animas 2020 Silver

Proud mom to:
    Colbie 16
    Paxton 12
    Storm 10 type 1 since 1/1/07, hypothyroidism and pumping since 1/1/08 Animas 2020 Blue

How to insert Animas Inset 30

I hate that too! It ALWAYS happens that way for us too!!!
    Judy

Daughter Alli-13, Dx'd Type 1 June 12, 2006 at 8 years old. Dx'd Celiac August 13, 2008 at 10 years old
    Pumping (Animas 20/20) 03/24/2008
    Dexcom SeVen Plus on March 30, 2009

Shared joy is double joy. Shared sorrow is half sorrow.