Emergency Glucagon Kit Instructions
1. Inject the entire liquid contents of the syringe, into the small bottle. (Liquid into powder).
Swirl contents in the bottle until mixture is fully dissolved.
2. Use the same syringe, hold bottle upside down. Put the syringe into the bottle and withdraw all liquid.
3. Turn the individual on their side as he/she may vomit.
4. Inject the Glucagon syringe into the arm, leg or buttocks.
5. If the individuals' condition does not improve, a 2nd shot may be necessary.
6 . Once the individual is feeling better, a snack with carbohydrates and protein is suggested.
Mom to Lia Grace, 14 yrs, dx 1/13/06 at age 5.
Started with NPH and Regular, switched to Lantus and Novolog after three months and then started pumping after 1.5 years.
CURRENTLY Pumping with the Animas Ping and using the Dexcom G4.