advertisement
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: got my first job!!

Way to go Ryan!

Is this the same guy that wished he had diabetes?
    Caitlin, 21
    Type 1 Diabetes
    dxd March 28, 2005 at 12 years old
    Minimed 522 (Oct '07 - July '11); Omnipod (July 2011-April 2014); Starting T:Slim on April 2nd, 2014
    Minimed CGM (Jan '12 - March '12); Dexcom G4 (June '13)

College Student (Dec '14), Majoring in Psychology (orig. Special/Elementary Ed)
    (with the expectation of going to Graduate School for School Psychology right after obtaining my B.A.)

"Deserve your dream." - Octavio Paz

Quote Originally Posted by misscaitp View Post
    Way to go Ryan!

Is this the same guy that wished he had diabetes?
    Nope. Different guy.

This person assaulted you!!!! He physically pulled out your medical device. he should have been put on probation or fired on the spot! I'm outraged.

That type of harrassment and physical assault should had been dealt with swiftly by your boss. You totally had a lawsuit. I mean I hate to get all litigious but your boss sanctioned you being harrassed and physically assalted on the job and your health being put in danger!!!!!!! You are young and if you didn't really need the job then fine, you can let it go, but in the future you have to know that this is not the type of thing you can put up with. If you were my child I'd be down there with the police and a legal army!!!!! In the future any body who lays a hand on you gets a punch in the face!!! I'm so mad!!!
    Denise,
    DD age 10, dx at 4 (Oct 2006), Pumping with pink MM since July 2009, added Guardian February 2010. Podding over the summer since July 2012. Dex 4G January 2013. Also peanut allergic and asthmatic.
    DS age 13, non-D, but peanut allergic and asthamtic too. Also Asperger's, ADHD, and a pinch of OCD.

Quote Originally Posted by denise3099 View Post
    This person assaulted you!!!! He physically pulled out your medical device. he should have been put on probation or fired on the spot! I'm outraged.

That type of harrassment and physical assault should had been dealt with swiftly by your boss. You totally had a lawsuit. I mean I hate to get all litigious but your boss sanctioned you being harrassed and physically assalted on the job and your health being put in danger!!!!!!! You are young and if you didn't really need the job then fine, you can let it go, but in the future you have to know that this is not the type of thing you can put up with. If you were my child I'd be down there with the police and a legal army!!!!! In the future any body who lays a hand on you gets a punch in the face!!! I'm so mad!!!
    I am not sure that it would do anything to sue at this point. This thread was started in 2008.
    Amy
    Mom to a young adult Animas Ping pumper and DexCom G4 user. 2nd year college student, now living in a co-op house. Dx'd over 16 years ago at 3 years old.

I am not sure that it would do anything to sue at this point. This thread was started in 2008.
    No, but it's so important that young people know that they cannot be harrassed and physically assaulted and the perpetrator walks away smiling. My post isn't just to the OP, but to anybody who finds themselves in that situation,since we learn as much from other peoples posts as we do from our own. Plus as a mom and a woman, it really ticked me off to read about that. I kept thinking, if that was my daughter. . .

ETA: Wiat, what year is it now?
    Denise,
    DD age 10, dx at 4 (Oct 2006), Pumping with pink MM since July 2009, added Guardian February 2010. Podding over the summer since July 2012. Dex 4G January 2013. Also peanut allergic and asthmatic.
    DS age 13, non-D, but peanut allergic and asthamtic too. Also Asperger's, ADHD, and a pinch of OCD.