advertisement

Thread: Tegaderm

Red face Tegaderm

Well, I didn't know you could apply the Tegaderm on the skin and THEN insert the cannula through it. I've been using Tegaderm over the insertion site to keep in from accidentaly coming out.

Anyone else do this too?
    Mom to 2 boys (6 & 8), oldest dx in Oct. '06
    Pump MM522 w/ Sure-Ts infusion sets since July '10
    Previously pump Deltec Cozmo w/ Contact-Detach sets

"He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which." ~ Douglas Adams

We used to years ago. We havent had the need with the Sure T. We do cover w/ tegaderm still.

I never thought of it before I saw a friend do it. Seemed like a pretty cool idea.
    I always think of Tegaderm to cover IV sites. It works pretty well, but does not occlued completely, so then you have to tape and other fun stuff. I hate what tape does to skin...
    Mary Jennifer Dean
    IV League Nurse.

Nolan, 11, dx'd at 7. Drumming fool and now learnign tenor Sax.
    www.sacwd.org

www.jendean.blogspot.com

We tried this because we thought it might help the omnipod stay on better if it was adhering to that kind of surface. It did not have a good result for us the canula did not insert and we lost the pod because of it and had to start again. We use two peices of tegaderm over the pod because my daughter feels most secure that way. We still have trouble with water getting under it when she bathes or showers. So we have ended up doing "mini baths" most days and thorough scrubs and hair when she takes off the pod for a change. This makes unscheduled changes a bit of a bummer though.

What do you all do about this?
    Thank you
    capri

Quote Originally Posted by caprismith View Post
    We tried this because we thought it might help the omnipod stay on better if it was adhering to that kind of surface. It did not have a good result for us the canula did not insert and we lost the pod because of it and had to start again. We use two peices of tegaderm over the pod because my daughter feels most secure that way. We still have trouble with water getting under it when she bathes or showers. So we have ended up doing "mini baths" most days and thorough scrubs and hair when she takes off the pod for a change. This makes unscheduled changes a bit of a bummer though.

What do you all do about this?
    Thank you
    capri
    Try Mastisol....it's been working great for my DS. You do need Detachol or Unisolve or something similar to remove it.

Denise
    Mom to Ryan 11, diagnosed 3/07
    Omnipod 4/08
    Nicholas, 14, non-d
    Rachel, 16, non-d