advertisement

Thread: How to get a Rufus Bear?

Smile How to get a Rufus Bear?

I was wondering how to go about getting Tessa a Rufus bear? When she was first diagnosed (7/04), she was only 18 mos old, we were visiting my sister near St. Louis, and started with one endo group there, and after 2 weeks came home to another endo group. Our diabetic teaching was done by the St. Louis group, and I don't ever remember hearing about Rufus.
    Now that I've read some posts about children having one, and Tessa being 3yrs old---I know she'd love one. Where do I get one?? Thanks!

Lisa and John--parents to Kevin-23, Colleen-21, Mary Kate-18, Tim-15, Clare-10, Tessa-8 and Sean-4
    Tessa--Type 1 Diabetes dx 7/04 at age 18 mos
    Pumping since 11/05 Animas Ping
    Kevin--Type 1 Diabetes dx 3/10 at age 22yo
    Omnipod since 8/10

Smile Rufus and Ruby

Get touch with your local JDRF office and ask for a bag of HOPE. They should be able to get you one. Also if that fails e-mail me, i maybe able to get one for ya.
    Well behaved women rarely make history.

Mom of Adam 13, dx'd aug 19th 03 and Tay 9,dx'd aug 5th 04. Both pumping MM 722 paradigm.

Default Don't buy one!

JDRF gives a Bag of Hope full of good stuff, and Rufus or Ruby (some also do the girl bear) are included. Contact your local JDRF, and they may send a host family out to visit, or they will mail you one.
    Diagnosed June '05
    Pumping since Feb '06
    Animas Ping
    Dexcom Study

My current position:
    CIO...CHIEF INSULIN OFFICER

"Life is under no obligation to give us what we expect"...Margaret Mitchell

"Make it work"...Tim Gunn

Go on the JDRF website and you can sign up for one on there. We did about 5 weeks ago and they sent ours out within a week, my son loves the video that came with it he shows it to everyone that comes over. It also came with a free Accu Chek Aviva meter which was great cause thats what we use.

Chase 18, born on (06/27/1994)
    DX@12years old on ( 07/01/2006)
    Pumping with MM 722 SINCE 01/02/2007
    Brother 20 no D
    Sister 27 no D

I'm guessing I can't get one for Ben as we're not US citizens????????
    Carol

Mom to Ben (4)
    Dx'd @ 7mts
    Pumping @ 14mts

http://www.childrenwithdiabetes.com/kids/d_02_1sa.htm

I'm pretty sure it is an international organization. Email one of the random chapters and ask. it doesn't hurt

Linda
    Mom to: Hunter, 10, dx'd 11/14/05, Revel 723, pumping since 11/2006 and Colby, 11, migraines