advertisement

Thread: Misplaced our primary meter today

Default Misplaced our primary meter today

Ugh - so frustrated with hubby today.

I was collecting funds for JDRF at a table while he had kid duty today, getting them to various games, piano rehearsal, fed, etc.

I met him at our last soccer game. He said he has just checked Emma - she was running around a lot so I wanted to make sure she didn't go low - but it was quite warm so I wanted to make sure she didn't go high.

Hubby went to check her at halftime and couldn't find the meter. Looked everywhere, went back to car. It was gone.

I was frustrated mainly because I was uncomfortable that I couldn't know what she was.

I have an idea where it is right now - I'm involved with the soccer league, so I was able to get in touch with the coach of the previous game. He thinks one of his parents found it and gave it to the referee. So now I have an email in to the referee organizer to help identify who that was and hopefully we'll get it back - it was an adult so at least I think he'll be responsible with it.

But I was frustrated that he laid it down in the grass instead of putting it back in the backpack so that someone else could pick it up. And I was frustrated that I couldn't know what her reading one. And I was frustrated that I had to come home and set up a new meter and pull out a different kind of lancing device to take her reading.

Thankfully she was 120 when we got home!
    ~Nancy
    Mother to:
    Samantha - 17
    Michael - 13
    Emma - 8 (2/16/05 dx 3/07, dx Celiac 1/10) - Pumping with a Pink Animas Ping!
    as of 9/07
    CGMSing as of 3/26/09 with Navigator, 9/14/12 with Dex 7, 12/5/12 with dex G4

Wow, I don't know what I'd do if the METER was missing!!!!!!!! I's like an appendage, kwim?????

Dh is only human.......just like mine who took Nick for a walk in the field (LONG walk) with NO supplies and NO idea what his current bg was, ugh!
    Marci
    homeschooling mom to ds(18), ds(15), ds(13), and dd(9)

Nicholas
    age 13
    dx 5/06
    MM522 6/08 - 6/12
    CGMS 11/08

MM723 Revel, Guardian, and MySentry 6/12

I keep a one touch ultra slim in my purse at all times...

call the company, they will send you out one (even in your color of choice, pink) and it comes with a vial of strips and a tiny *****. Or you can purchase it at wallyworld for about 19.00. worth your piece of mind, my purse, is like my third arm, never go anywhere without it.
    mom to
    kenny 18
    erika 14
    matt 13 dx'd 1-14-07 pumping minimed 723, 2-29-08

fur mom to
    cats skeeter 15 RIP angel boy, jack 8, kitkat 7 holly-dolly 3 gizmo 10 and weasel 3
    grandfurmom to tangy, the tiny baby kitten

Dogs-penelope-8 also type 1 diabetic on humalog
    Yoda 2, who should have been named chewy!.

avatar-chilliebean chillin on his house

Valerie:

I have one of those in the car too. But, unfortunately my backup lancet was in my primary meter case!! And I robbed the strips from it when I ran out a few weeks back.

So, it wasn't a very useful backup meter.

I will be restocking that meter so that it is always usable ASAP!
    ~Nancy
    Mother to:
    Samantha - 17
    Michael - 13
    Emma - 8 (2/16/05 dx 3/07, dx Celiac 1/10) - Pumping with a Pink Animas Ping!
    as of 9/07
    CGMSing as of 3/26/09 with Navigator, 9/14/12 with Dex 7, 12/5/12 with dex G4

Ok, I have tons of meters and lancers, so which one is yours on either and if I have an extra of that I can send it out.

Charlotte type 1 diabetic since 1990
    mother to Scotty 26 non D and Brianna 11 non D

Type 1 dx Oct 1990, pumping since Sept 2007 with a MM 722 and Novolog
    Named my pump PIF, for purple insulin feeder

Still searching for the right balance
    My bad D days all end in Y.
    Yes, I am the one that's always says I only change my lancet 2 times a year,when the time changes,even if I don't need too,LOL

In our paper today was a $20 off coupon for a one touch...basically free.

We have tons of meters lying around. LOL
    Charlotte
    Mom to Ryan, , 15 dx'd with Type 1 D 1/23/06
    and Hunter, 6
    Dh Bill Married 19 years

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d7...kumsma/099.jpg

I misplaced Kats meter yesterday for like 6 hours and was at my wits end when my 12 yr old daughter found it on the dryer (evidently i took it there with me while carrying laundry---I dont know why?)
    Carolyn, age 41, Mom to:
    Katerina 10 yrs old dx'ed T1 @ age 3,on 9/10/04, Lantus and Novolog MDI
    Austin age 12, non-D
    Kaitlyn age 15, non-D, dx'ed asthma age 2 yrs
    Amanda age 18, non-D, dx'ed VWD, Type 2A 6/09
    Daughter to Linda, age 61, dx'ed T1 @ age 10, 1959
    Katerina at "Camp A1c at Cha-La-Kee 2010"