advertisement

Thread: pump harness ?

Default pump harness ?

I need to find a harness for Logan's pump. He keeps biting the tubing and I have to keep replacing it. Does anyone get them and where? I have found a few on line but not anything I am really interested in. Thanks
    Tracy -
    Mom of
    Logan (DOB 9-12-03) dx's at 14 months of age PUMPING since 8/06
    Zackery DOB 7-16-01) dx's 3/10/07 Pumping since 4/07

bellhorn42702@charter.net

http://www.childrenwithdiabetes.com/kids/d_02_1t6.htm

William likes the Pumpwear undershirts with the pocket on back and has worn those since he started pumping when he was 2 yrs old. The set and tubing and pump all stay in back.

Not sure what you mean by a harness exactly that that works well for us. I don't know what would keep him from pulling the tubing out of any sort of holder and biting on it. I know I've seen talk of some device that holds the tubing - wraps it up sort of - to keep it out of the way. Maybe someone else will have better ideas
    Carol G.
    mom to William, age 11, dx'd 3/04 and started pumping 10/04 - Animas 1200. Animas Ping started 01/09; cgms Navigator start 4/6/09; RIP Navigator 9-1-11, Dexcom 7+start 10/11, G4 start 11/12.
    and mom to Rod (15) not D

I have seen them on the minimed site. They come in black or white, not very cute, but functional. We use a pump pouch and I try to keep the tubing inside the pouch or tucked into her pants, she wears it on her back when she's up and playing, but it's easy to slide around to the front for diaper changes and such. I tried onsies w/ a pouch on the back and found that I was constantly removing the pump every time she needed to sit back or lay down. They might work well for your problem however. I put a slit in the fabric, (finished button hole) just behind the pocket and ran the tubing through it, so no tubing is exposed at all. Site, tubing and pump are safely tucked away from little hands... and little teeth!
    The onsies are very easy to make and will save you the $30+ they cost at pumpwear.
    Amy
    Mom to Emma~ 6 yrs
    dx'd D @ 9 months-old
    Pumping & Podding since 14 months
    MM CGMS since 11/06

Multiple autoimmune syndrome & Kidney dz

My blog
    http://waytoosweet.blogspot.com/

Thumbs up Back buddy

Have you seen the back-buddy from www.diabetesnet.com ? I have one for Rachel - they are made to measure and very easy to get on and off. I also use "Tubeguard" from Unomedical to keep our tubing tidy.

Jane
    Last edited by kiwikid; 09-06-2006 at 02:23 AM.

You know that stuff you can buy to stop kids chewing their nails or sucking their thumbs...maybe you could put that on the tubing?

We have both the Back Buddy and the Minimed back harness, and I recommend the Back Buddy because it is made to order so it fits, and you get to choose the material. My Rachel was thrilled to get to pick what color and pattern her harness was...She's 3!! Fun, fun!!

CarrieP