advertisement
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone in Sweden?

Hei hei,

We dont live in Sweden, but in norway.

My daughter was dx in dec 11th 2007, just turned 2.
    Mother to Isabelle (okt 4th 2005) dx dec 11th 2007

Default Traveling to Sweden

I will be traveling to Sweden with my daughter Erika (who is 11 and has been a Type 1 diabetic for 6 years) and my son Logan who is 9 and not diabetic. Is there any advice anyone can give me. Is there a hospital or doctor I can be in touch with there in case of an emergency? We will be in Stockholm for 3 days then near Orsa for the rest of the time.
    Karin

When traveling to a different country, you can look for a pediatric endocrinologist using the ISPAD Member Directory:

http://www.ispad.org/MemberDirectory.html
    Jeff Hitchcock - President and Founder, CWD
    Father of Marissa (BSN, RN), now 26, married, and mother, dx'd at 24 months

Default Thanks

Thanks for the information Jeff. This really helps!!

Karin

Hei,

Wife is Norwegian. Our older adopted DS is Swedish, our younger adopted DS is Danish! All 4 of us Pumpers!

Halloj! H?r har du en svenska :-)

Ser att du varit medlem h?r ett tag. Sj?lv har jag precis kommit hit s? jag har inte n?gon st?rre koll p? hur det h?r forumet ?r uppbyggt ?n. K?nner mig lite h?mmad med engelskan dessutom men skrev ?nd? ett inl?gg f?rsta dagen. Modigt va?

Ser att du har ett barn som ?r 13. Jag har tre barn men min ?ldsta son fick sin diagnos DM f?r precis tre ?r sedan. Petter ?r 13 ?r och g?r i sjuan. Vi bor i Helsingborg. Vart i detta avl?nga land bor ni?

//Marie

7. Default Diabetes consultant in Sweden

Hi, I wonder if you can recommend a consultant who is an expert in diabetes in Sweden. I have been reading about the Diamyd vaccine trials and i want to find out if its possible get it for my children yet.

It would need to be a private consultant who would be willing to see us, as we live in UK not Sweden but i know mostof the research studys have been done at Malmo University hospital in Sweden.

If you can suggest any contacts that would be a great help. I have spent hours on the interent without actually finding anyone who is suitable.

thanks for your help
    Debbie Towns
    debbietowns@yahoo.co.uk

check this cure out here in the US (Boston, Massachusettes) www.faustmanlab.org

Just wanted to stop in and say Hello! Although I live in the US, my Father's side of the family is 100% Finnish and I am a proud Finn. Would LOVE to visit someday, I am told we have lots of relatives near Helsinki.

Chelsea, Mom to:
    Adriana "Ana" 6/4/09, Dx 12/17/10
    Pinging Humalog

"I love this crazy, tragic, sometimes almost magic, awful, beautiful life."