PDA

View Full Version : Arm site for dexcom 3 day trial

Williamsville mommy
03-25-2013, 08:31 PM
We are starting our three day dexcom trial on Wednesday. I'm thinking of using my daughters arm as the site location for it. Anyone have any feedback, if it's ok, or not?? I know that dexcom doesnt recommend it but.....any help or advice going into this is greatly appreciated. Honest, I'm a bit scared.

mrcool
03-25-2013, 09:18 PM
We are using exclusively arms for my 4-year old. He's very skinny, so that's the only place where the sensor works for him. Dexcom CDE said that a lot of thinner people get best results by using arms.

Williamsville mommy
03-26-2013, 02:19 AM
We are using exclusively arms for my 4-year old. He's very skinny, so that's the only place where the sensor works for him. Dexcom CDE said that a lot of thinner people get best results by using arms.

Thank you for your help

Beach bum
03-26-2013, 05:36 AM
We are using the arms, I'm finding no problems, with it.
The one thing Dexcom does say is that the sensor should be horizontal and not vertical on the arm to ensure accuracy. Though, there are people here who put them on vertically and haven't seemed to have any issues...

Williamsville mommy
03-26-2013, 06:16 AM
We are using the arms, I'm finding no problems, with it.
The one thing Dexcom does say is that the sensor should be horizontal and not vertical on the arm to ensure accuracy. Though, there are people here who put them on vertically and haven't seemed to have any issues...

Thank u for the insight

pianoplayer4
03-26-2013, 06:33 AM
I use the dexcoms exclusivly on my arms, and I put them vertical.... I get the best accuracy that way, and the sensor doesn't bother me. Honestly I forget its even there!

When you say trial, are you trying the dexcom, or are you in a trial? because if you are in a trial you can't use your arms...

Beach bum
03-26-2013, 06:40 AM
because if you are in a trial you can't use your arms...

Actually, you can, you just have to put them on horizontally. That's the rule with our study.

Williamsville mommy
03-26-2013, 07:53 AM
I use the dexcoms exclusivly on my arms, and I put them vertical.... I get the best accuracy that way, and the sensor doesn't bother me. Honestly I forget its even there!

When you say trial, are you trying the dexcom, or are you in a trial? because if you are in a trial you can't use your arms...

Mine is a three day for insurance