PDA

View Full Version : Diabetic tattoo quotes

mandapanda1980
01-26-2012, 07:18 PM
Id like to get a tattoo symbolizing allis battle with diabetes. Nothing really big, two sentences tops or soi. So far all I have come up with its Greater Than Diabetes. And I will probably add her initials or dx date...something like that also

Give me your creative ideas! :)

valerie-k
01-27-2012, 08:37 AM
I just have the ribbon with matts name under it.

word to the wise, make sure you use LIGHT grey, mine is a darker grey, and people seem to think its some kind of military type tat in honor of matt...:mad: and I am some day, going to look into lightening it, but I dont think its possible. I may have to add diabetes to the ribbon itself.

Connor's Mom
01-27-2012, 04:28 PM
Beat the sweet was one I saw with the ribbon. I have thought about this myself. I don't have any but, my husband has one and has said there are a couple he wants to have done but, he hasn't told me what they are.

mmgirls
01-27-2012, 11:47 PM
Id like to get a tattoo symbolizing allis battle with diabetes. Nothing really big, two sentences tops or soi. So far all I have come up with its Greater Than Diabetes. And I will probably add her initials or dx date...something like that also

Give me your creative ideas! :)

All I can say is that what you got will work even after a cure is found!

I have 7 tattoos, but no words. I have 4 Koi fish on my legs that represent my family, and I considered having a lone blood drop from the Koi that is my D dd;s fish, but I just couldn't.

Maybe because it is who she is, she was only 13 months and after her DX I saw who she was and was going to be. She changed for the better, Brighter smarter more kind. So fo me yes the DX was terible, but she blossomed after it.

Het you just gave me a tattoo idea.

I have always loved cherry blosson trees.

lisac
01-27-2012, 11:49 PM
Somewhere on here someone had posted a web-site that had a TON of "D" tattoos. I'm not very computer savvy, so maybe someone else can find the link.

mandapanda1980
01-28-2012, 09:09 AM
I saw something I liked online yesterday...it wa a butterfly but the center body if it was the D ribbon. Then the wings went off if that. I liked that :)

I have one tattoo now, it is a symbol that represents life love and loyalty. Dh has a star on his arm but we came up with the idea of adding another big star next to his original one to represent me, then adding little different colored ones around them to be the kids. Them I am going to put the same colored stars around my symbol. Point in all that was to say that you just gave me the idea that allis star will be red :)

FloridaMom
01-28-2012, 09:51 AM
We've been thinking about this, too. A friend posted a pic on my fb page of a mom and dad who got their son's pump and tubing tattooed on their bellies - he was sad that he felt different because he wore a pump.

If anyone finds the website with ideas, please post!

FloridaMom
01-28-2012, 10:05 AM
http://www.diabetesadvocacy.com/tattoos.htm

Connor's Mom
01-28-2012, 10:52 AM
I saw the ones of the pump! I thought they were great:)

Heather(CA)
01-30-2012, 02:43 AM
http://www.diabetesadvocacy.com/tattoos.htm

I don't have any tattos but I love watching the Tattoo shows. I love the butterfly ones :D

piratelight
01-30-2012, 01:42 PM
I have the awareness ribbon (light gray with blood drop) on the outside of my ankle. It has Hunter's name and date of dx on it.

Jaredsmom
02-02-2012, 07:20 AM
I have a tattoo on my calf of both my boys birth flowers, Jared's is a Rose so I had them add a drop of blood to one of the thorns to rep. his Dx. It is a good place to get a tattoo if I want to cover it for work I can easily do so and if I want to show it off I can do so without overexposing myself.