PDA

View Full Version : Animas and Minimed users - what is your download software like?

ecs1516
03-26-2009, 07:34 AM
I mentioned this in another post but decided to make a new thread. I will miss greatly my ability to download on my laptop the pump, freestyle meter and the CGM and combine the data in graphs etc.

I can also download and make changes to my pump (basals etc.) and save it under a file name and then upload to my pump.

What does Minimed and Animas have in this area. Does Minimed have to be online? I can't always be on the internet on vacation etc.

zell828
03-26-2009, 07:38 AM
MiniMed has Carelink. You go on line at Medtronic and download the pump, meter and sensor. Medtronic sends free an adapter to use for the pump/sensor.

ecs1516
03-26-2009, 07:56 AM
MiniMed has Carelink. You go on line at Medtronic and download the pump, meter and sensor. Medtronic sends free an adapter to use for the pump/sensor.

So, you have to be online? not to crazy about that. Can you download any brand of meter?

sariana
03-26-2009, 08:18 AM
Animas uses the EZ Manager (http://www.animascorp.com/ezmanagermax.aspx) program. I am still learning it though, but I actually enjoy it. I no longer have to type up all her numbers on an excel sheet to send to the CDE every week!

The only issue that I have is that it is done through an RF wireless connection with the pump. It is easy to lose the connection on it and it will have to start over with the transfer. This can be quite difficult to ask a 4 year old child to not move. Although removing the pump is a possibility as well, I just hate to disconnect her more then needed.

Hope this helps...

Abby-Dabby-Doo
03-26-2009, 09:20 AM
So, you have to be online? not to crazy about that. Can you download any brand of meter?

Yes with MM you have to be on-line to use the Carelink software
Supported glucose meters
Medtronic Diabetes partner devices:

OneTouch? UltraLink?
CONTOUR? LINK

Paradigm Link? Blood Glucose Monitor

Bayer:

Ascencia? BREEZE?

Ascencia? BREEZE? 2

Ascencia? CONTOUR?

Bayer Ascensia? DEX? family, including the following compatible meters:

Ascensia? DEX?

Glucometer? DEX

Ascensia? DEX? 2

Glucometer? DEX? 2

Ascensia? DEXTER-Z? II

Glucometer? DEXTER-Z?

Ascensia? ESPRIT? 2

Glucometer? ESPRIT?

Glucometer? ESPRIT? 2

Bayer Ascensia ELITE? family, including the following compatible meters:

Ascensia ELITE? XL

Glucometer ELITE? XL

Becton Dickinson:

BD Logic?

LifeScan:

OneTouch? Profile?

OneTouch? Ultra?

OneTouch? Ultra? 2

OneTouch? UltraSmart?

OneTouch? Basic?

OneTouch? FastTake?

OneTouch? SureStep?

Roche:

ACCU-CHEK? Active

ACCU-CHEK? Aviva

ACCU-CHEK? Compact

ACCU-CHEK? Compact Plus

Abbott:

Precision Xtra?

Precision Xceed?

Optium Xceed?

TheraSense FreeStyle?

FreeStyle Flash?

FreeStyle Mini

Freestyle Papillion? Mini

hawkeyegirl
03-26-2009, 09:27 AM
The CareLink software is really very, very good. If you want to see Jack's reports PM me, and I'll give you his login and password. :)

ecs1516
03-26-2009, 09:30 AM
Good, so it takes freestyle .

I guess I'll have to pay for internet services at hotels to use it. Yes, I'm such a geek I've downloaded their meters/pumps to make a temporary change on vacation.:rolleyes:

mom2ejca
03-26-2009, 10:04 AM
Medtronic sends free an adapter to use for the pump/sensor.

I was told the adapter is no longer free. Our pump arrives tomorrow, so I'll find out then if it is included.

Danielle2008
03-26-2009, 10:20 AM
I was told the adapter is no longer free. Our pump arrives tomorrow, so I'll find out then if it is included.

It is free.

Make an account on Carelink. Once you are signed in, you will see it advertised for free at the bottom of the page. Click on the link, and it will send you to a new page to get it, at absolutely no charge.

I just got mine a few weeks ago.:cwds:

Lee
03-26-2009, 10:34 AM
The big thing to remember - you said that you download to make tweaks and changes - well, with Minimed atl east, you DO NOT make your changes through the software - it is a one way communication - from the pump to the computer. So you don't make nay changes on the computer, you put them all into the pump.

With that said - I LOVE the fact the Minimed has a CSV Export so I can put everything right into Excel and track what I need to track!

Kalebsmom
03-26-2009, 11:02 AM
I really do not like the software that Animas has. I have only downloaded the pump a few times. It really does nothing for me. I am not sure what I was expecting but it just does not do it for me.

jules12
03-26-2009, 11:42 AM
I love carelink/minimed. I like that I can download the pump, sensor, and meter readings all in one place. One advantage to it being online is that our endo has my login and password. If we are having trouble, they can just log in and see what is going on rather than me having to give them info over the phone or fax numbers to them.

I love the usb link - my son can sit on the couch and watch tv while I am downloading his pump at the computer across the room.

mom2ejca
03-26-2009, 01:34 PM
It is free.

Make an account on Carelink. Once you are signed in, you will see it advertised for free at the bottom of the page. Click on the link, and it will send you to a new page to get it, at absolutely no charge.

I just got mine a few weeks ago.:cwds:

Yes, there is a link for the USB upload device, but the cost comes up as $59.99:(. We started our paperwork about 1-2 weeks ago and that's when the rep told me it had just recently changed. But the nurse-trainer told dh it would come with the pump. So apparently there is some confusion even between them:confused:

wvchinacat
03-26-2009, 01:44 PM
Animas uses the EZ Manager (http://www.animascorp.com/ezmanagermax.aspx) program. I am still learning it though, but I actually enjoy it. I no longer have to type up all her numbers on an excel sheet to send to the CDE every week!

The only issue that I have is that it is done through an RF wireless connection with the pump. It is easy to lose the connection on it and it will have to start over with the transfer. This can be quite difficult to ask a 4 year old child to not move. Although removing the pump is a possibility as well, I just hate to disconnect her more then needed.

Hope this helps...

How do you download while she is connected?:confused: I have to suspend her pump - that is what the directions on ezmanager say. While it is in suspend - i just unhook the site. I do this every 3 days at site change. I do not like the toggle that downloads the info bc it is a little touchy and the download can take longer than I like . . . But I guess the infrared thing helps keep the pump fully intact for waterproofness . . .

The meter I just plug into the usb port and download.

No you do not have to be hooked up tot he internet. And if you have the wires for the other meters - you can download most of the Bayer/ascensia meters, all of the one touch's and the inDuo.

It took me a while to learn how to download the data so that it is email-able - but I have since figured that out and send the data to my endo and CDE easily.

Jordansmom
03-26-2009, 01:54 PM
How is the Insulet download website working out for Omnipod users? When we trialed the Omnipod back in August, it was just put on the internet and users here were starting to experiment with it. Did it get finished and is it functional? Do you use it? Like the features? It had been promised so long ago, I wondered if it lived up to everyone's expectations.

Ezmanager for our Animas is very basic. I am hoping when the Ping and Dexcom are integrated the software will be better.

sariana
03-26-2009, 02:00 PM
How do you download while she is connected?:confused: I have to suspend her pump - that is what the directions on ezmanager say. While it is in suspend - i just unhook the site. I do this every 3 days at site change. I do not like the toggle that downloads the info bc it is a little touchy and the download can take longer than I like . . . But I guess the infrared thing helps keep the pump fully intact for waterproofness . . .

The meter I just plug into the usb port and download.

No you do not have to be hooked up tot he internet. And if you have the wires for the other meters - you can download most of the Bayer/ascensia meters, all of the one touch's and the inDuo.

It took me a while to learn how to download the data so that it is email-able - but I have since figured that out and send the data to my endo and CDE easily.

Ahh, I am still new to the whole pump thing... I do suspend her, but I do not disconnect her completely. I should probably do it when we change her site, but she still fights and screams a bit when we do that, so I really need to focus on doing that in that time :(

It actually didnt take me too long to figure it all out once hubby had installed the program. I was able to figure it out faster then he could :)

I did notice when I hooked up the PDA directly, it only gave the BG info... I had to download the Pump to get the rest of the info :(

Danielle2008
03-26-2009, 02:07 PM
Yes, there is a link for the USB upload device, but the cost comes up as $59.99:(. We started our paperwork about 1-2 weeks ago and that's when the rep told me it had just recently changed. But the nurse-trainer told dh it would come with the pump. So apparently there is some confusion even between them:confused:

That is odd. I just started my pump last month too, but did not get the carelink USB until I signed up for it earlier this month. The lady I spoke with walked me through it to get the free one(I couldn't figure out how to order it)

Did you sign up on carelink to see if it sends you to a different link?

Maybe you are right and they are sending it with the pump now, but requiring you to order a second one if you choose too.

They changed that fast, sorry if I added to the confusion!

ETA: I just checked...they did take away the 'free offer' they were doing.

s0ccerfreak
03-26-2009, 02:12 PM
If you don't get a CareLink usb with the pump try asking your rep if they can get you one. The reps usually are pretty good at getting things. I've gotten a download cable for my onetouch link, belt clips, sets, and little freebie things.

I love the carelink system. Being able to download meter, pump, and cgms all to one place is great. The graphs and logsheets easy to figure it. My endo, np, and mm rep have my log-in and password so if I'm having problems I zip one of them an email and they take a look at whats going on.

wvchinacat
03-26-2009, 02:28 PM
Ahh, I am still new to the whole pump thing... I do suspend her, but I do not disconnect her completely. I should probably do it when we change her site, but she still fights and screams a bit when we do that, so I really need to focus on doing that in that time :(

It actually didnt take me too long to figure it all out once hubby had installed the program. I was able to figure it out faster then he could :)

I did notice when I hooked up the PDA directly, it only gave the BG info... I had to download the Pump to get the rest of the info :(

Yes - I have actually stopped downloading the pump - bc I really need all the info.

Some pposters mentioned that the animas was really basic - but I get some really great info. One thing I do not like is that the log only downloads the hours - not exact times - and I like exact times - but when I download it into excel - I just change the times.

I also like that I can look at all the settings in one place - sometimes scrolling thru everything on the pump gets me all confused.

I have not used the MM so I cannot compare
DH uses the OmniPod - but we have not started using the software. He says he does not have access to it. I am going to call today and find out!

fredntan2
03-26-2009, 02:44 PM
I don't like the animas software either.

but I also have the software for freestyle lite-Copilot and I like that better.
you can download it free from abbott. it seperates the bs's by colors. just seems a lot easier for me to use.

Danielle2008
03-26-2009, 03:21 PM
I tried to do screenshots on some of the things carelink does. This is a very small percentage of what it offers, I just couldn't do it all. Hopefully, it will help some of you at least get a rough idea on it, and what it looks like. I personally find the logbooks a bit confusing. Definitely only do a few days worth at a time.

make sure you zoom in, or the pages will be heard to read. :o

The first three are screenshots when you start:

1. http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii224/Collies2008/scrn1.jpg

2. http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii224/Collies2008/scrn2.jpg

3. http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii224/Collies2008/scrn3.jpg

The last few are just some of the options it gives to look at your overall data and control:

Logbook over two days: http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii224/Collies2008/scrn5.jpg

part of the daily summary: http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii224/Collies2008/scrn6.jpg

continued day summary(basal to bolus) : http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii224/Collies2008/scrn7.jpg

and part of the trends summary over two weeks: http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii224/Collies2008/scrn8.jpg