PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever heard of MedImpact?

zell828
07-22-2008, 10:02 AM
My husband got a check in the mail from them for $101.93. No letter, nothing. Just indicates it was a claims credit. I have no clue what it was for. I hate to cash it and be on the hook for something. I'm trying to call the number to see what it is for first.

Thoover
07-22-2008, 10:15 AM
Also have him check with the insurance company that holds your health insurance. Sometimes with companies if you pay over a certian amount on certian bills checks are mailed direct to you. That has happened a few times with our insurance. Its always nice getting money in the mail. lol I would call the insurance company first and ask who it is. Good luck..

zell828
07-22-2008, 10:25 AM
Also have him check with the insurance company that holds your health insurance. Sometimes with companies if you pay over a certian amount on certian bills checks are mailed direct to you. That has happened a few times with our insurance. Its always nice getting money in the mail. lol I would call the insurance company first and ask who it is. Good luck..

Thanks! Yes, it's nice getting money in the mail but I am skeptical too and wonder then if it is too good to be true lol

LJS118
07-22-2008, 10:28 AM
never heard of them...good luck, hope its legit

Thoover
07-22-2008, 10:37 AM
That is what ours said Claims Credit. No letter just a damn check.. I called our insurance company to make sure it was legit to cash and wasn't some sort of scam.

zell828
07-22-2008, 11:22 AM
That is what ours said Claims Credit. No letter just a damn check.. I called our insurance company to make sure it was legit to cash and wasn't some sort of scam.

Really? So I have hope it is legit? lol The money sure would be nice! :)

zell828
07-22-2008, 11:45 AM
I called our insurance company and MedImpact is affiliated with our insurance so the check is legitimate! How nice to get money you don't expect! :D

momtojess
07-22-2008, 11:47 AM
I called our insurance company and MedImpact is affiliated with our insurance so the check is legitimate! How nice to get money you don't expect! :D

Woohoo!! what a great surprise

Ellen
07-22-2008, 12:06 PM
Glad you were assured. I wondered if you contacted MedImpact directly? MedImpact :: About MedImpact :: Contact :: (http://www.medimpact.com/about_medimpact/?page=contact_us)

KTurner52
07-22-2008, 02:51 PM
I know they are a processor for some prescription plans. Maybe you were owed some $$ back from rx's??

Thoover
07-22-2008, 03:00 PM
Its always nice to get those checks in the mail. Ours normally come around October/November always nice to have that money though.

dbz2988
07-22-2008, 10:01 PM
That's great! I love getting money back I'm not expecting... it's like finding a $5 bill in the jacket you packed away for the winter, then taking it out the next year only to find the nice surprise!

Also, I work at a credit union and if you are ever not sure about a check that you receive, if you are not sure about the legitmacy of the check, you could always request that a hold be placed on the check if your financial institution doesn't automatically do it.... if it is a bad check, you will find out usually within a few days.