PDA

View Full Version : feet pain

coni1523
04-02-2008, 08:28 PM
My son complains with his feet hurting, I was wondering if anyone elses child is complaining with their feet? He can't explain the pain to me. Just it hurts, and he will limp. :confused:

Connie

wellsfamily
04-02-2008, 08:55 PM
Aidan gets foot pain a lot. Once I asked our nurse about it and she said there wsa 0% chance it was related to D at this point in time.
I think it is just growing pains.

coni1523
04-02-2008, 08:58 PM
that is what I was also told, I was just wondering if anyone elses child was also having this or if it was just my son. He never had it until he was dx'd. I just wanted to make sure it was not something serious.

Thank you so much.
Connie

CJ's Mom
04-02-2008, 09:09 PM
My non D-DD had foot pain, she is slightly flat footed, Dr. prescribed orthotics (arch supports), problem solved. CJ had problems with his ankle bothering him, unknown diagnosis but the same orthotics seem to help.

You can get arch supports over the counter which are much cheaper & see if that helps before sticking the money in custom supports.

coni1523
04-02-2008, 09:14 PM
My son is flat footed, I will try that and see. He is as flat as can be. Both my boys are. Thank you!!!!!

Connie

czardoust
04-03-2008, 10:21 AM
katerina has had the bee sting feeling in her feet off and on and cramps in her feet. this happens when kats BS is high. it just means there is temporary circulation problems that is worsened by high BS. i hope it doesnt last very long in your son.

Thoover
04-03-2008, 10:31 AM
My daughter too complains about her feet hurting. She is 9 years old. She can't tell me what type of pain it is but she does say its not the pain when your foot falls asleep..

hawkeyegirl
04-03-2008, 10:52 AM
I posted a thread a while back about my son occasionally complaining that his feet hurt. No one really had any explanation. Our Endo says it's nothing to worry about at this point (it's not diabetes related).

CJ's Mom
04-03-2008, 11:07 AM
I forgot to add yesterday, the physical therapist advised us not to get cheap shoes, spend the extra $$ and get good fitting, comfortable shoes.

Emma'sDad
04-03-2008, 11:11 AM
Emma complained often before Dx and a few months after Dx that her feet fell asleep very easily. She hasn't complained about them lately.

redmcgee
04-03-2008, 10:32 PM
My daughter complains of her feet burning/hot ALOT, They say it is not diabetic related but I say it is. She cannot explain how they feel besides that her feet are burning.:confused:

BRANDYB
04-03-2008, 10:34 PM
This is so weird because Haley was complaining all day that her feet hurt. How odd.....

EmmasMom
04-04-2008, 09:11 AM
Emma's arthritis started in her feet. It's most likely not that, but it's worth keeping an eye on.
Symptoms of JRA include unexplained limping, joint stiffness (especially in the morning), very warm and/or swollen joints. After 6 weeks of symptoms you can usually get a referral to a rheumatologist to start the process of getting a dx's.
Em's feet didn't start swelling and getting hot until she'd been having issues with limping and stiffness for over a year. (Joint stiffness in the a.m. is the most common first symptom)

Just FYI, growing pains happen at night and primarily in the long bones of the legs. Joints should never hurt as a result of growth.

Kiresten'sMom
04-04-2008, 11:09 AM
Kiresten complains about her feet a lot as well. We started reflexology and the lady that is doing it is a friend of mine. I am sceptic on a lot of things, but it really works for her. The therapist siad that nerves to your pancreas is right where her foot hurts. and After she has a treatment she experiences lows for a few days to a week. Strange I know, but I start just messaging her feet on my own to save money and it still helps. Shoes are also critical. Glad you ran this.:)

Emma'sDad
04-04-2008, 12:00 PM
Guess who complained about her feet this morning. I was like, this is too weird.